Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Two Sides



Two sides 


It's easier for you to just walk away
Than it is to reach out to me
It's easier for you to just turn around
Than to see the depth of my despair
It's easier for you to just look through
Than it is to see the "real" me
It's easier for you to distance yourself
Than it is for you to care
It's easier for me to just look away
Than it is to see the betrayal in my eyes
It is easier for me to cry
Than it is for me to speak
It's easier for me to walk alone
Than it is to face rejection
It's easier for me to keep to myself
Than it is to create a new projection
It's hard for me to smile
When I'm hurting
It's hard for me to talk
When you don't understand
It's hard for me to reach out
When I need help as well
It's hard and wounding
Trying to get up without a hand
If only once you'd really look at me
And see who I really am
If only once you'd really listen to me
And only try to understand
Why I want you to care about me
Without asking why
Then maybe you'd validate my feelings
And realize why I cry

Author: Kristen Cossey

No comments: